(Which is odd, really, as I both do and don't feel nearly 30. It's awesome when people say I look like I'm in my early 20s, but I'd hate to still be as uncertain and insecure as I was back then. To be honest, I think 30 SEEMS old, but when you're actually staring it in the face, you're really not as changed as you'd expect to be.)
I have compiled a list of things I want to achieve before I'm 30 (original post is here) and am going to update this page all year with my progress. If you want to help me achieve any of these goals, I am open to it - drop me a line!
1. Read 50 books 21/50
(1) How To Leave Twitter by Grace Dent
(2) Shopaholic & Sister by Sophie Kinsella
(3) Shopaholic & Baby by Sophie Kinsella
(4) Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
(5) How to be a Woman by Caitlin Moran
(6) The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness
(7) Bossypants by Tina Fey
(8) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (this might not count as part of the 50, because of #17)
(9) The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
(10) Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness
(11) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
(12) Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
(13) Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
(14) Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling
(15) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
(16) Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella
(17) Sweet Valley Confidential by Francine Pascal
(18) Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L.James
(19) Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James
(20) Fifty Shades Free by E.L. James
(21) Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
(22) A Game Of Thrones by George R R Martin
2. Buy a Filofax.
Progress - Done! Christmas present from my friend Sha.
3. Pay off my overdraft.
4. Go somewhere amazing that I've never been before.
5. Reach my goal weight.
6. Move out.
Progress - Done!
7. Get my dream hair colour / get hair professionally dyed.
Progress - Hair has been professionally dyed! And it wasn't quite there, but the colour I used afterwards WAS. Dream colour = achieved. Done!
8. Empty my 'eBay' box.
9. Learn to use my camera properly.
10. Complete Couch to 5k.
11. Try 10 cocktails I've never tried before 10/10 - Done!
(1) Emerald City
(2) Cherry Bakewell
(3) Sweet Louise
(5) Harvey Wallbanger
(7) Southern Jam
(8) Hibiscus Mojito
(9) Coconut Mojito
(10) Lime & Mango Daiquiri
12. Watch 5 classic films I've never seen before.
(2) Annie Hall
(3) A Matter Of Life And Death
(4) Funny Face
13. Successfully make meringue / macarons
14. Own a pair of designer sunglasses.
15. Visit The Fat Duck.
16. Do Race For Life.
17. Read Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre.
Progress - Done! Read Jane Eyre in January, finished Wuthering Heights in June.
18. Cook a roast dinner without help.
19. Buy a party dress made entirely of sequins. (And, y'know, lining.)
Progress - Done! Bought this Oasis beauty and this Topshop stunner.
20. Learn to make 30 different
(1) Baileys cupcakes
(2) Raspberry and white chocolate cupcakes
(3) Pecan pie
(4) Chocolate & peanut butter cookies
(6) Salted Caramel Cupcakes
(7) Peanut Butter Stuffed Cupcakes
(8) Ice Cream Cupcakes
(9) Rainbow Cake
21. Watch the sun rise.
22. Have a facial.
Progress - Done! It was ace. FACE SO SOFT.
23. Go abroad for a long weekend.
Progress - Done! Went to Lisbon in May!
24. Buy a Chanel lipstick & nail polish.
Progress - Half done! Got a nail polish for my birthday!
25. Sing 'Wuthering Heights' by Kate Bush at karaoke.
Progress - Done! At Amy's birthday party. Twice.
26. Watch 5 TV series I've never watched/completed.
Progress - I've decided which they are to be:
Six Feet Under - Done!
Friday Night Lights
27. Brew my own alcohol.
28. Finish my website.
29. Print at least some of the photos I have on my computer and put them in frames and albums.
30. Implement a proper skincare routine
Progress - Done! And I'm sticking to it, too. This Sali Hughes article inspired me to dump my makeup wipe ways (they're so bad for you) and I finally started in May.