Friday 21 October 2011

But if it's still pretty what with all these leaves, we'll be fine.

I'm away at the moment, just coming to the end of a lovely week with friends. We're in Yorkshire right now, but at the start of the week we were in Derbyshire, pottering around the hills and visiting nice houses. We couldn't leave without a trip to Chatsworth, of course, so we had a great little wander on Monday. I took tons of photos inside the house, but I'm going to save those for another day as there were so many and just show you guys the awesome gardens.


We didn't get as much time as we wanted in the gardens as it was close to kicking-out time, and also ridiculously windy and freezing. But we still managed to find a sheltered area to take some photos - my friend Nic saw it as an excuse to try out the soft focus setting on her camera, and I saw it as an excuse to prance around like an idiot in the leaves and generally be a bit silly.

This dress is a little surprising, as I really like it, but got it in a shop that I would never have even thought to have gone into. Do you have those shops near you? The ones that have random names - this one is called 'Hype' - and appear to sell cheap, hideous clothing made of entirely man-made fibres? I admit it - I'd normally turn my nose up at those shops, but I saw this in the window and had to investigate. I came out £30 lighter but clutching two adorable cranberry-hued spotty dresses - I'm sure the other one will feature on here sooner or later!

Dress - Hype
Hat & Tights - New Look
Necklace - Topshop

It's cute though, isn't it? I love the super flippy skirt, and of course the print. And what's more, it perfectly matches my new(ish) shoes! I got these cranberry Mary-Janes in Urban Outfitters when I was visiting Hayley last month, and although they still need serious breaking in, I endured them all day for the perfect matching.

The hat, though - well, the hat is just because I like hats. They are ace.



PS - You can see some videos of me goofing around and being silly on my Facebook page.
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. I looooove Chatsworth, it's about half an hour's drive from my house over the moors, beautiful :) its extra amazing in the summer with mile high fountains! love this dress :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so totally jealous that you went to Chatsworth....which is ridiculously really given its only a county away from me....I might have to try and persuade someone with a car to go with me! *goes into raptures of period drama dreams*

    Anywho, I love the dress! I'm very much a fan of polka dots, own far too many spotty dresses in my wardrobe, and the colour is lovely, especially with those shoes that I now suddenly want too!

    I do know the sort of shops you mean, I cant get my left leg in their stuff, but there are loads of little random places in every town or city, and as I like to play stylist with my friends, I sometimes drag them somewhere just as obscure, as often its the way to get something you wont see on someone else ten times over.

    Great post, basically.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is lovely and looks perfect for a trip to Chatsworth. We went to the country fair there the other day, it was great. I could spend hours in the grounds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking very 'lady of the manor'!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect outfit! Love that hat and the dress is so cute! :)
    The house looks beautiful too - I love going round big old stately homes :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that outfit you look like a Lady bug =D. I also really like the pictures they're very nice!
    -Farrah
    Farrah's Muse

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you can't wear a big hat to a stately home, when CAN you wear a big hat?

    Chatsworth is gorgeous, isn't it? Did you see the (annoyingly scanty) info they had about when the house was used as a girls' school during the war? My Granny was a Chatsworth schoolgirl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chatsworth looks beautiful! I love the spotty dress, gorgeous colour! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pictures, I love the leaves and the trees. What a gorgeous place.

    Love the dress, you just never know when you go into a place what you might find.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic photos. loving your dress.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you look ridiculously gorgeous here, and how tiny is your waist! the hat is so 70s chic!

    http://thewoollenmitten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. The shop like that near me is called 'swagger' haha. Those gardens look lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely know the sort of shops you mean and usually avoid them like the plague but clearly I am going to have to brave the entrance because that is such a lovely dress! The shape is gorgeous, and I really love a polkadot!

    Sounds like a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It just goes to show you have to keep an open mind when shopping! I think it looks great! Jen x

    http://letsalldocolouringin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love cranberry on you Sarah. The pictures are all lovely. Sometimes those shops do have a few gems!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want to go to Chatsworth, and was just talking with my friend about what a gorgeous place it would be to get married! The pictures are gorgeous, and I love your dress! Polka dots make everything cute!

    Stephie x

    http://stephie-in-wonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look like a really adorable ladybird, I love this outfit on you!"

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the photos on this post.. especially the one with all the red leaves. Really makes me love Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Chatsworth is so beautiful! Can't decided whether I like your cute velvet pumps or spotty dress better - lovely outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. :) I love you.

© Essbeevee | Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, St Albans, Tring food, lifestyle, & parenting blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig